Pregnancy Ticker

Thursday, July 15, 2010

I have a confession...

Since joining the bump all those months back, I've come to learn of a little blog online called: "Enjoying the Small Things". It's about a family with two little girls and of their every day adventures. If you've never read it before I say give it a shot, its really touching and such a great read.

Anyway, after reading this blog for a few months I've come to realize that deep down inside I really want a little girl. The writer has posts about baking cookies with her daughters, and having mommy and daughter days. I miss those days with my mom. Yeah we still have those days of baking cookies, but now instead of a homemade recipe its a container of frozen dough and two spoons. The laughs are still there but the moment just doesn't seem to last as long.

I would love to have those moments with a daughter. To hear her laugh at the flour I have smeared across my face and have her run away as I reach over to smear some on hers. I want to be able to lay in bed all day watching Disney movies about Princesses who find true love, to paint toe nails and finger nails with little toothpick flowers. To play dress up and have tea party's. To gang up on daddy while he is relaxing on the couch and start a tickle fight. Oh, the moments I miss sharing with my mom that I would love to share with a daughter....

I do confess, I want a little girl more then anything right now. I would love to have a boy but to be able to share these moments, the same moments I shared with my mom, would be magical.

No comments:

Post a Comment