Pregnancy Ticker

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

8 Months




















Happy 8 months to baby Peanut. In a little less then 2 months I'll be able to hold that little bundle of joy in my arms. Also I've noticed every picture I take is always right after I get ready to go to work. Got to love the wet hair look. I also realized that shirt doesn't do me justice.


So we've had a pretty busy weekend. On Saturday was the baby shower. It was really exciting seeing all the family ooh and ahh over my every growing belly. To hear every one's predictions on what it's going to be. If I remember correctly the girls are still in the lead. Here I was so nervous about the baby shower and it turned out great. Only thing I wish my "best friends" would have been there to celebrate with me. My guess is that a twelve pack sounded a lot better to them.


There were tons of games. It was funny watching all my aunts and cousins yelling and fighting about answers. What made the day was when everyone started calling my Aunt Coke a cheater because she is a grade school teacher and knew all the answers to the games.


After the games it was time to open presents, which was the part I was dreading most. I hate when I'm center of attention. After the pile of gift wrap and tissue paper and basically covered the floor around me, Peanut now has a good start on a clothing collection and little toys and bottles.


Just wanted to say thank you to all my family members who made it out to celebrate baby Peanut with us. Thanks so much for all the cute clothing, bottles, diapers, toys, and other neat little odds and ins!


With the excitement of Saturday gone, it was time to get down to business. Joel, his mom, and older brother spent Sunday moving things in and out of bedrooms, vacuuming, and dusting. I tried to help but kept getting shooed out by everyone because of my belly getting in the way. Also, I was getting tired of the boys making fun of me because with every 5 minutes of work I did I needed 20 minutes to recuperate.


Finally after 2 long days of cleaning and moving Peanut and me are offically moved in. Now the only thing left to do is lay down and relax with a puppy snuggled in are arms.


No comments:

Post a Comment