Pregnancy Ticker

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

And they lived happily ever after...

When I take a glance at my hand I just can't help but smile. This has happened before but there hasn't been this much excitement. Who knew one can get over joyous about looking down at their hand? Just seeing that extra ring on my left hand makes me feel like the luckiest person in the world!

On Friday my fiance and I finally tied the knot. It wasn't a big glamorous wedding but its what we wanted. A small simple ceremony shared between me and the man I love. After saying our quick "I do's", we headed down the 41 and off to the coast where we spent 3 wonderful days soaking up some sun. Believe me, I have a red arm to prove it.

We may not have done much but to us it was a trip around the world and back. Then again that's how every trip with him is. Even just laying in his arms late at night is like a trip all its own...


When we arrived at Pismo Beach we looked for a place to eat. We ended up at the Ventana Grill, which was so amazing, even the hostess helped make the night memorable. As she walked us to our table we had to walk down a very short set of stairs. Joel made the trip first then turned around and held out a hand for me. The lady looked up and told us that we could have taken the ramp. I appreciate the gesture but I think I can manage 3 steps. The booth she had set us at had a wonderful view of the ocean. As we ate our dinner we watched the sun set and the fog slowly roll in.

After dinner we hung out in the parking lot talking and joking around, laughing a good deal at all the new bug friends we had made just from standing out there. Before we left the parking lot we swayed back and forth in each other's arms, the only music to be heard was the beating of our hearts and the waves crashing against the rocks. It was the perfect moment, it was as if it was only Joel and I there. No one else for miles. The pinks, purples, and blues in the sky made the perfect back drop to an even more perfect moment. That very moment I had fallen head over heels for this man again. And those rings on our fingers showed the world that he was mine, and I was his, till death do us part.

Just looking up into his eyes I knew it was that moment I've always stayed up late as a little girl dreaming about. It was a moment that no photo could capture but would live on in my heart. It was the moment when happily ever after began.

We ended the night at the hotel room, still laughing at the days events. My white way of saying 'Ventana', my need of a ramp, Peanut's kicking me in the ribs and the 20 or so bugs we swatted away from us. It was the start to a wonderful weekend, and the beginning of a wonderful marriage.

No comments:

Post a Comment